Hacking a MiR Robot with ROSPenTo
In the beginning of October, I have given a talk on ROS security in course of the IROS tutorial Securing Robots with SROS2. To better demonstrate how vulnerable ROS1 is, we have prepared a video that demonstrates how our ROSPenTo tool is used to manipulate a MiR-100 robot. We exploit the insecurity of ROS running on the MiR to inject false movement commands.
There is also a second video showing the same procedure in simulation.
- Secure data recording and bio-inspired functional integrity for intelligent robots
- Ein sicherer Datenrekorder für intelligente Roboter und autonome Systeme
- Security for the Robot Operating System
- Safety & Security--Erfolgsfaktoren von sensitiven Robotertechnologien
- Secure communication for the Robot Operating System